I’ve never been much for New Year’s resolutions. However, we all need to step back and re-evaluate our paths from time to time. One of the best ways to do that for me to look back to see where I’ve been.
Looking back 5 years:
- I had just started/joined a new bible study/prayer group after a disappointing attempt at another one.
- My children were just about to make the leap to adolescents.
- I was still working in my own “field” part- time, and feeling a little burned out.
- My husband had just asked me to help him relocate his office.
Back to the present:
- I love my “Bible Study Girls”. Their presence in my life is nothing short of a God thing. We pray together, laugh together, and cry together. Thank you God.
- Both of my children are in high school. My son has only one school semester left living at home full-time. While this is really weird, it is also a good thing. He is ready to go and I see his confidence grow as a young man every day. My daughter has big plans and I’m looking forward to standing beside her with only the direction that the Lord whispers for me to give.
- I am now working full-time with my husband and it is working beautifully for us
- We are surrounded by dear friends and family
- The Lord spoke the Word to me to Write. He didn’t tell me where, but he sent me to a class to learn how to set up a blog. I will see where the writing thing takes me.
- We have been blessed beyond measure with health and having enough. My minister would call this “margin”. This is the part that I am excited to open myself up in prayer for. We will not over schedule or over spend.
Our New Year celebration was the quietest yet. We had a basement full of bumbling teenage boys, a sweet dog getting as close to his human momma as physically possible, and a teenage girl spending the new year with good friends.
In lieu of a list of resolutions, I saw that one of my friends is using a “Three Words” plan. I kind of like it. The 3 words that came to my mind immediately…Prayer, Family, Service. So, I will try to keep my heart, eyes and ears open, and mouth closed a little more. I will celebrate the little things with my kids and husband. I will let those who are important to me that I appreciate them. I will wait for the Lord to send us the service that He wants us to work on. Amen.
Happy New Year friends! What 3 words will take you into 2013?