So school is well into the year. I am thinking that many of you may be feeling my pain. I am going to post my morning routine.
- Wake up, go to the bathroom, wash hands, brush teeth
- Wake teenagers
- Let dog out, feed dog
- Come back inside still wearing pjs, make lunches, empty dishwasher
- Empty clothes dryer, check washer to see if anything needs to dry while the craziness continues
- Load washer, will turn on when I get home later today
- Run in bathroom for a quick shower, come back out wearing robe…no time to figure out clothes for the day
- Yell at teenagers to come eat
- Figure out breakfast for the picky eaters
- Yell at teenagers to eat breakfast
- Teens walk downstairs with crouchy mood and eye rolling in place
- Teens start eating
- Run back to bathroom to dry hair and apply make up…this takes about 10 minutes because I am such a beauty queen
- Find something to wear that won’t make me feel like my internal thermostat is set at 1000 degrees, find shoes to match that won’t make my knees hurt, find appropriate lycra containing undergarments
- Back to the teenagers for more eye rolling
- Ask teens, do you have your lunch…reply..”Mom, duh!”
- Teens leave…one lunch bag on the counter, Duh!
- Let dog out one more time
- Get in car , dang it , forgot to eat breakfast!
- Go to work
My husband’s morning routine
- Wake up
- Three S’s
- Leave for work
In my next life, I’m gonna be a man.